Shop Assistant (HR/MF/21/03) – Gozo
Established in 1999, Miracle Foods owns and operates twenty retail outlets around the Maltese Islands. At Miracle Foods we value our employees and strive to offer a fulfilling and well-rewarded employment whilst empowering them to self-development and to successfully build a career. Due to ongoing business growth, we are looking for individuals to fill the vacant position of Shop Assistant in our Miracle Foods outlet in Xaghara – Gozo.
Reporting directly to the Miracle Foods Retail Operations Manager, the selected candidate will need to be fully flexible as shift patterns will vary over the week, including some weekend working. Main duties include but not limited to:
– Ensure that customers are attended to with their queries in a timely fashion and with a with a service driven positive approach, maintaining a customer-centric attitude;
– Proper handling in a responsible way of the entire till processes;
– Friendly approach towards customers, supervisors and colleagues;
– Drive sales by active cross selling and promoting the company ongoing offers;
– Keeping proper merchandising of stock in an organized manner, cleanliness throughout the outlet and maintaining company standards;
– Ensuring that shelves are well stocked at all times without any gaps;
– Periodic checks of freshness/date checks and stock rotation in accordance with company quality standards;
– Manage and conduct work activities in such a way so as to ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of all colleagues and customers.
– A knowledge and experience in the Food or Retail Industry business.
– Previous experience in retail outlets is an asset.
– A high sense of commitment and work ethic.
– Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills.
– Able to work on own initiative and making decisions that reflect the company’s values.
– Excellent time-management and business acumen.
If you are interested to join our Miracle Foods team please send us your CV addressed to the Group Human Resources Manager on email@example.com, including the job title and reference in the subject.